Board Minutes for 30th July 2013

Tuesday, 30 July, 2013 - 20:00
Attending: 
Stephen Ogden (SO) - chairing
Liam Dolman (LD)
Sam Clark (SC)
Harley Faggetter (HF)
Will Tovey (WT)
Phil Hunt (PH)
Andrew Robinson (AR)
Peter Brett (PB)
Apologies: 
Andrew Norton (AN)
Craig Garsed (CG)
Not Present: 
Jack Allnutt (JA)

Quorum

quorate

Decisions taken since last meeting

Vote

As soon as Shaun Daley's resignation from the position of Treasurer is received that:

The Board supports a delay in replacing the Treasurer by cancelling the extra-ordinary election on the proviso that full NEC elections are held later this year as agreed by the Board (and noted in Board minutes of 31st May 2013).

For: SO, PB, PH, HF, AN, WT, CG, AR Against: LD Abs: SC, JA

The Board has no objections to the NEC appointing Sam Clark as a non-voting member of the NEC with whatever title they wish (so long as they avoid elected titles, so not Treasurer). Deputy Treasurer would be acceptable.

For: SO, PB, PH, HF, AN, LD, WT, CG, AR Against: Abs: SC, JA

The Board supports and has no objections to the NEC registering Sam Clark with the Electoral Commission into the relevant role to undertake the necessary financial work. If the label for this with the Electoral Commission is 'Treasurer' it in no way grants Sam Clark the NEC title and voting powers within the NEC of the Party position of 'Treasurer'.

For: SO, PB, PH, HF, AN, LD, WT, CG, AR Against: Abs: SC, JA

Actions from the last meeting

AP: LD To propose guidelines on forming and conducting Investigations and Panels as starting point for Board discussion. to be picked up on ML or at next meeting. Carried forward. CARRY FORWARD (expecting to go out tonight)

AP: Proxy panel to deliver report before next Board meeting. Carried forward. CARRY FORWARD

AP: HF Stall pending amendment vote until RON const amendment caught up with. Done, vote not occurring until amendments caught up.

AP: SO to change meetings to a regular 1st/2nd/3rd whatever day of the month - send to ML to confirm - In progress - likely to be one of the last Tuesday's of each month

AP: SO to harass SC in the next week about membership DONE

AP: SC: to doodle meeting for next BPI panel meeting DONE

Proxy panel report

PB and AR say that the report has been done. Needs to be finalised into a formal document - though is pending an executive summary and a 'future risks' section.

AP: SC to email party templates to the panel/board AP: PB to write an executive summary for the report

WT notes future risk has been written up.

Brief panel meeting to take place after Board call.

Update on AH's 'Where the party is going wrong at the moment' segment at last meeting, especially AH's call for co-opting Governors into more administrative work (membership, comms, admin) to free up NEC for greater outward political activity.

SC doing treasury work (obviously)

SO on FOC

HF may volunteer for FOC

Oversight Committee(s) (SO)

3a) Finance Oversight Committee

PB considering setting up a Campaigns Oversight Committee. Some discussion of whether a committee for IT stuff ("infrastructure"?) should exist.

SO: Each Oversight Committee formed needs to have a well-defined Terms of Reference explaining what it does and how it does it.

AP SO: write some terms and references for Oversight Committees and how Board manages them

SO noted that some oversight of International / PPI stuff might be required. SO suggested AH might be creating an "International Office", which could require Oversight.

Report on Finance (SC)

SC notes having some issues with HMRC no records sent to them since 2009 and they haven't heard from us so we are needing help from them to work with us but they aren't happy with us. Exemption sent 2009 but no returns filed since.

SC is installing a server to do accounts on - FOC will have read-only access to that. Should make treasurer handovers easier. Will be double-entry system.

Supposed to be registered for VAT but seems we are not.

SC notes that a new account has been opened with Santander because they can provide the party with a credit/debit card.

AOB

  • AR- None
  • WT- None
  • LD- None
  • PB- Asked SC about state of membership
  • PH- None
  • SC- Added to the end of point 4 - SC Checked date, was only problem with SC's membership, changed from 6th July 2020 to 6th July 2014
  • HF- Asked about membership expiry date

SO - AP to renew his membership

Actions from this meeting

  • AP: LD To propose guidelines on forming and conducting Investigations and Panels as starting point for Board discussion. to be picked up on ML or at next meeting. Carried forward. CARRY FORWARD (expecting to go out tonight)
  • AP: Proxy panel to deliver report before next Board meeting. Carried forward. CARRY FORWARD
  • AP: SC to email party templates to the panel/board
  • AP: PB to write an executive summary for the report
  • AP: SO write some terms and references for Oversight Committees and how Board manages them
  • AP: SO to renew his membership
Organisation : 

More Information

Chat with us

   

Upcoming Dates

Social Media

Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon YouTube icon

Current Internal Elections

We are not currently running any internal elections but to see what positions are open for nominations, check here.