Board Minutes for 27th March 2013

Thursday, 27 March, 2014 - 20:00
Attending: 
Sam Clark (SC) - chairing
Andrew Robinson (AR)
Harley Faggetter (HF)
Craig Garsed (CG)
Liam Dolman (LD)
Stephen Ogden (SO)
Jack Allnutt (JA)
Apologies: 
Will Tovey (WT)
Phil Hunt (PH)
Not Present: 
Peter Brett (PB)

Status of quorum

quorate

Decisions taken since last meeting

Form the 'data access' investigation panel to address complaints.

Actions from the last meeting

AP WT: to email secretariat asking if they would like to contact the Electoral Commission on [incorporating the party] or would be happy for WT to do so. Carried Forward as 'general incorporating activity'

AP SO: stuff for CoP on this sort of stuff  DONE

AP SO: inform relevant people relevant stuff DONE

AP: Panel members (BPI/Proxy) to get SC up to speed. DONE

AP: LD to update list of members who have requested VONC in NEC members.  https://ppukboard.piratenpad.de/VONC DONE

AP: HF to lead on Constitutional Amendment process with SO to assist DONE

AP: PB to re-propose Board elections amendment on mailing list. VOTE EXPIRED (Carried Forward)

AP PB: propose CoP amendment to mailing list about announcing Board meetings to members when date/time finalised Carried Forward

AP LD chase up on Old board members still have access to wiki/forum. DONE

AP SO: doodle for next meeting. DONE

Amend code of practice

Replace:

There will be monthly Board meetings, which all Governors will be  expected to attend or to make apologies for.  The meetings will usually  be held in the #ppuk-board channel on the PPUK IRC server. 

With:

There will be monthly Board meetings, which all Governors will be  expected to attend or to make apologies for. The meetings will usually be held in either the Board's mumble channel on the PPUK mumble server [link to page with details on, currently sanctuary.tempest3k.com], on IRC [in the #ppuk-board channel on the PPUK IRC server irc.pirateparty.org.uk] or via another medium which the board will transmit to the membership in advance. 

Vote to accept the above change where words preceding square bracketed information are links to a page with the square bracketed information: none opposed

AP SO: amend CoP accordingly.

Insert into CoP:

When a Governor is involved in an investigation that involves accessing member data the Governor is required, at the very least, to inform the Board that an investigation is taking place requiring access to member data. Further details should be provided to the Board upon completion of the investigation. This is in addition to any and all requirements to inform the Data Controller.

Upon conclusion of an investigation requiring access to a member's data, the member whose data was accessed must be informed that an investigation took place, as well as the nature of their data that was accessed.

Vote to accept: none opposed

AP SO: amend CoP accordingly.

Panel Progress

BPI/Proxy

Aims to be completed in a week's time.

Data Access

Completed.

Returned the report to Board. Board accepted report, passed on to NEC and those that raised initial complaints, and all named in the complaints.

Board volunteer coordination and assistance with other departments (please fill out)

SC: campaigns and IT stuffs, and treasury coordinating during handover. Additionally helping with regional office stuff.

SO: helping out with campaigns and press.

JA: Campaigns (as DCO), press

CG: Carrying out research for leader's office - have produced research on internet governance and police "remote searching" of computers

LD: Wiki Overhaul and Treasury Oversight

Constitutional Amendment process (HF)

Had feedback from NEC. This has been passed back to the Board to discuss via list. In post-NEC consultation phase, would like to finish this phase by this time next week.

AP HF: to chivvy list to discuss.

Forming procedural guidelines for Investigations and Panels (LD)

AP LD: To propose guidelines on forming and conducting Investigations and Panels as starting point for Board discussion.

Publicly publishing NEC and candidate expenses and expenditure by department (only categorised data) (SC)

AP SC: Inform NEC we endorse this happening.

CoP change to status of quorum (LD)

Change:

Seven (7) voting Governors are required for a quorum.  A decision by  the majority of those present is binding. Votes are decided via a  plurality, a voting requirement of more ballots cast for a proposition  than for any other option. 

To:

The quorum for meetings are half (rounded down) of the sitting Governors +1. A decision by the majority of those present is binding. Votes are decided via a plurality, a voting requirement of more ballots cast for a proposition  than for any other option. 

Vote to accept: none opposed

AP SO: amend CoP accordingly.

AOB

  • SC - none
  • AR - none
  • HF - none
  • CG - Reduce number of Gov's
  • LD - none
  • SO - none
  • JA - none

AP SO: doodle for next meeting

Actions from this meeting

  • AP WT: to email secretariat asking if they would like to contact the Electoral Commission on [incorporating the party] or would be happy for WT to do so. Carried Forward as 'general incorporating activity'
  • AP: PB to re-propose Board elections amendment on mailing list. VOTE EXPIRED (Carried Forward)
  • AP PB: propose CoP amendment to mailing list about announcing Board meetings to members when date/time finalised Carried Forward
  • AP SO: (1.1) amend CoP accordingly.
  • AP SO: (1.2) amend CoP accordingly.
  • AP HF: to chivvy list to discuss.
  • AP LD: To propose guidelines on forming and conducting Investigations and Panels as starting point for Board discussion.
  • AP SC: Inform NEC we endorse this happening.
  • AP SO: (7) amend CoP accordingly.
  • AP SO: doodle for next meeting
Organisation : 

More Information

Chat with us

   

Upcoming Dates

Social Media

Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon YouTube icon

Current Internal Elections

We are not currently running any internal elections but to see what positions are open for nominations, check here.