All Hands Meeting Minutes, Mid-December 2016 Meeting

Wednesday, 14 December, 2016 - 22:30
Attending: 
Adrian Farrel (AF) [chair]
Harley Faggetter (HF)
Will Tovey (WT)
Not Present: 
Steven Ogden (SO)
Michael Moriarty (MM)
Liam Souter (LS)
Lack Allnutt (JA)
Andrew Robinson (AR)
Observing: 
David Elston (DE)
Jason Halsey (HeadOpener)
Finbar
Jason 'Termy' Winstanley

 

Decisions made since last meeting:

As agreed at the last meeting, AF opened a Board vote to declare Andrew McCallum absent. Five votes were received within the 7 day voting period:

  • Adrian Farrel - Yay
  • Harley Faggetter- Yay
  • Andrew Robinson - Yay
  • Stephen Ogden - Yay
  • Michael Moriarty - Yay

This is both a plurality and a majority of the 9 seated Board members. Andrew has been removed as a Board member.

  • DE update website Board listing
  • HF to update the mailing list
  • AF send e-mail to notify Andrew McCallum of decision, thank him for his service and let him know how we can return if he wishes.

 

Actions from previous meetings:

WT to e-mail Sam to for info on Party laptops

  • Pending

JA make contact with Bex wrt stock and stuff

  • AF take over action from JA

HF: Pursue reduction in hosting costs.

  • IT team is tidying infra to make it easier to deal with
  • Target before Jan invoice
  • Invoice has been sent to new IT volunteers so they have something to work against in terms of new quotes for hosting/traffic etc.
  • IT looking into what technical work is required to reduce known redundant features.

SO: Find out what is going on with bank account

  • SO: To try the work-local branch again
  • WT: Maybe meet up in London and visit a bank

DE: Manchester branch status still uncertain.

  • DE: Contact Maria.
  • DE: Put Wendy and Maria in touch

DE: Minutes missing from website (still)

  • DE and AF to get up-to-date starting with most recent

DE: Can treasury provide a budget for what we can spend on the up coming local elections?

  • DE get costings - on-going
  • WT to let us know about available cash for local elections and sort out a rough budget

 

Matters Arising

Is Discord working? Can we confirm it as our regular meeting venue?

Agreed.

 

Activity Report

AF:

  • Working on a blog on "Consequences of the IP Bill for You and Your Internet Service Provider". It got too big. Posted as a mag article.
  • Helped to edit Kev's press release. 

HF:

  • London meets, badgering IT volunteers.
  • Gave a little bit of advice on London Boundary review

DE:

  • Lots of blogs, made some videos
  • Took a stand on Standing Rock issue
  • Helped put together Kev's win press release.

 

Any Other Business

AF appointed chair of the Board

Kev Young:

  • Status: Has been re-co-opted to Parton Parish Council tonight and appointed chair
  • Pess Release
    • DE add to web site
    • DE kick KY to send out locally
  • Wikipedia updated but witing for a citation

Cameron McInnes

  • Student journalist contacted us via Facebook
  • DE to respond to questions

Jason 'Termy' Winstanley requesting to join NEC as Nominations Officer

  • AP: HF (and or MC) handle NEC nomination and vote

 

Admin:

Next meeting: 4th January 20:30 on Discord

Organisation : 

More Information

Chat with us

   

Upcoming Dates

Social Media

Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon YouTube icon

Current Internal Elections

We are not currently running any internal elections but to see what positions are open for nominations, check here.