Decisions made since last meeting:
As agreed at the last meeting, AF opened a Board vote to declare Andrew McCallum absent. Five votes were received within the 7 day voting period:
- Adrian Farrel - Yay
- Harley Faggetter- Yay
- Andrew Robinson - Yay
- Stephen Ogden - Yay
- Michael Moriarty - Yay
This is both a plurality and a majority of the 9 seated Board members. Andrew has been removed as a Board member.
- DE update website Board listing
- HF to update the mailing list
- AF send e-mail to notify Andrew McCallum of decision, thank him for his service and let him know how we can return if he wishes.
Actions from previous meetings:
WT to e-mail Sam to for info on Party laptops
JA make contact with Bex wrt stock and stuff
- AF take over action from JA
HF: Pursue reduction in hosting costs.
- IT team is tidying infra to make it easier to deal with
- Target before Jan invoice
- Invoice has been sent to new IT volunteers so they have something to work against in terms of new quotes for hosting/traffic etc.
- IT looking into what technical work is required to reduce known redundant features.
SO: Find out what is going on with bank account
- SO: To try the work-local branch again
- WT: Maybe meet up in London and visit a bank
DE: Manchester branch status still uncertain.
- DE: Contact Maria.
- DE: Put Wendy and Maria in touch
DE: Minutes missing from website (still)
- DE and AF to get up-to-date starting with most recent
DE: Can treasury provide a budget for what we can spend on the up coming local elections?
- DE get costings - on-going
- WT to let us know about available cash for local elections and sort out a rough budget
Is Discord working? Can we confirm it as our regular meeting venue?
- Working on a blog on "Consequences of the IP Bill for You and Your Internet Service Provider". It got too big. Posted as a mag article.
- Helped to edit Kev's press release.
- London meets, badgering IT volunteers.
- Gave a little bit of advice on London Boundary review
- Lots of blogs, made some videos
- Took a stand on Standing Rock issue
- Helped put together Kev's win press release.
Any Other Business
AF appointed chair of the Board
- Status: Has been re-co-opted to Parton Parish Council tonight and appointed chair
- Pess Release
- DE add to web site
- DE kick KY to send out locally
- Wikipedia updated but witing for a citation
- Student journalist contacted us via Facebook
- DE to respond to questions
Jason 'Termy' Winstanley requesting to join NEC as Nominations Officer
- AP: HF (and or MC) handle NEC nomination and vote
Next meeting: 4th January 20:30 on Discord