All Hands Meeting Minutes, Early-January 2017 Meeting

Wednesday, 4 January, 2017 - 20:30
Attending: 
Adrian Farrel (AF) chair
Harley Faggetter (HF)
Michael Moriarty (MM)
Will Tovey (WT)
Liam Souter (LS)
Stephen Ogden (SO)
Not Present: 
Jack Allnutt (JA)
Andrew Robinson (AR)
Observing: 
Jason Halsey (JH)
Jason Winstanley (JW)
Noah Stride (NS)
Mark Chapman (MC)
David Elston (DE)
Matt Johnson (MJ)

 

Decisions made since last meeting:

None

 

Actions from previous meetings:

Andrew McCallum removed from Board

  • DE update website Board listing:
  • HF to update the mailing list
    • Done
  • AF Send e-mail to notify Andrew McCallum of decision, thank him for his service and let him know how we can return if he wishes.
    • Done (Unknown if received)

WT to e-mail Sam again at some point

  • Laptops, Camera, etc. still need to be pursued (ongoing)

JA make contact with Bex wrt stock and stuff

  • AF take over action from JA
    • Done. Contacted via FB. She has nothing left with her.

HF: Pursue reduction in hosting costs.

  • See agnda item below

SO: Find out what is going on with bank account [I need more bank statements to finish the accounts

  • Action SO: Find out which branch could be usefully visited

DE: Manchester branch status still uncertain.

  • Continue efforts with stress on Manchester branch needing leadership/co-ordination

DE: Minutes missing from website (still)

  • DE and AF to get up-to-date starting with most recent
    • Done back to 28/9/16 and before 9/3/16
    • Should still fill the gap, but less urgent
  • AF will enter new minutes as we go along

DE: Can treasury provide a budget for what we can spend on the up coming local elections

  • DE get costings - on-going - will send after meeting
  • Target four candidates?
  • Cash available subject to spending on IT infrastructure

Kev Young:

  • Press Release
    • DE add to web site
      • Done
    • DE kick KY to send out locally
      • Action scrapped at Kev appears to have resigned
    • Wikipedia
      • Done but...
      • Go back and tweak again if Kev is really gone.

Cameron McInnes Student journo via FB

  • DE to respond to questions (Done)
  • Since then another student (graphics designer) asked for similar and is looking to volunteer in London

HF (and or MC) handle NEC nomination and vote.

  • DE: Need to open nominations!
  • DE happy to be election monitor

 

Agenda:

IT Plan

New IT Plan has been completed. We are awaiting purchases from finance. DE: Has this been approved? Awaiting answers to questions posed in e-mail some time ago.

Notable points to plan:

  • £250 per month approx current spend which can roughly be halved.
  • Hosting plan should be mostly the same as before in terms of service
  • Side-by-side running needed for a few months, cost £100 per month.
  • Transfer should take 3 months
  • Should be no complications between UK - France law (new 'le servers' will be in France)

Approval given from Treasury for budget

Approval given by Board to proceed

Details...

  • No changes to front end, end-user should be unaware
  • Back end understanding has hugely increased
  • Documentation has been created to avoid single points of failure
  • Automation of updates a possible long term goal
  • Latest versions of drupal a part of the migration plan
  • In prep for migration old services have been switched off without issue

 

Activity Report

DE: Did a blog, social media stuff. Some forum activity. Usual stuff but minor

HF: I made some of our facebook pages a little less shit and point to the right places

MC: Some tweeting type activity...

 

Any Other Business

1 Collection of people at https://pirateparty.org.uk/party looks suspect!

  • DE: I have removed people who are no longer members from here. I have also asked new volunteers for info so that I can give them a public facing profile but nothing passed my way as of yet. There are also people on that list who we have not heard from in over 6 months.
  • Ideally add pictures from JW, MJ and NS

2 It is time to put a deputy chair of the Board in place (for when AF isn't here, and to be prepared for 6-12 months down the line)

  • HF elected by Board

3 PPUK meetup survey

4 SO - can you send Harley / I the London branch twitter account login details yes.

  • Done.

 

Admin:

Next meeting: 25th Jan 8.30pm

Organisation : 

More Information

Chat with us

   

Upcoming Dates

Social Media

Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon YouTube icon

Current Internal Elections

We are not currently running any internal elections but to see what positions are open for nominations, check here.